Galectin Therapeutics’ drug candidates in development were generated from naturally occurring carbohydrate polymers using proprietary chemistry.
Galectin has a strong intellectual property portfolio for our GR-MD-02 molecule including:
- Composition of matter patent for novel carbohydrate drug for treatment of a broad group of human diseases (US 8,871,925, issued on October 28, 2014 with priority date of December 28, 2011).
- Method of production patent for novel carbohydrate drugs (US 8,962,824, issued on February 24, 2015 with priority date of December 28, 2011).
- Three patents on methods of use in liver, kidney and lung fibrosis as monotherapy and in combination with other therapies (Patents US 8,236,780, US 8,367,638, and US 8,722,645 all with priority date of May 16, 2006)
- Method of use patent for the treatment of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (US 8,658,787 issued February 25, 2014 with priority date of September 16, 2011)
- Method of use patent for the treatment of diabetic nephropathy and other associated disorders (US 8,828,971 issued September 9, 2014 with priority date of October 10, 2012)
- International patents and method of use patents pending in cancer immunotherapy and diseases related to inducible nitric oxide (iNOS) activity.